Friday, September 24, 2010

Learning The Ways Of The Sun & Moon

Well, we finished off our "Sunset under Deception Pass Bridge" workshop with a lot of great photos captured by all that attended. Unfortunately, on the 4th day the clouds did not cooperate so the shots weren't any fun. But, by then so many photographers had heard about our "secret spot", that we had a large party of people just having fun hanging out - and waiting, for a sunset that never showed up.

That's the most important part of our workshops, besides learning more about this fun craft - having fun hanging out with other photographers.

I'm currently at a Starbucks, on my laptop, so I don't have any of my shots with me to show here, but you can quickly go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/masterofmadness  to see them.

While I'm on the subject of sunsets and my previous blog was on the moon, I thought I'd let you in on a very useful website and it's software for predicting the times and locations of each.

It's called  "The Photographer's Ephemeris" It will allow you to choose a date and location to find out exactly when and where the sun & moon will rise and set, along with lots of other Gee Whiz info for use at your next cocktail party. TOO COOL!

Go to  http://stephentrainor.com/tools  and download the FREE software he has. It's an amazing piece of work that he's put together. Make sure you download the proper version for your type of computer, and get the  Adobe Air program too, as you'll need that to make it work.

The software's pretty self explanatory, so I'm not going to go into how to use it here. But, just in case - Read the tutorials to learn more about the sun & moon than you ever thought you needed to know.

OK, enough for today.

Thanks again for playing along,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment

And Now, For Something Completely Different - 101 Photoshop Tips In 5 Min By Deke